The entertainment industry is huge, it relies on people that don’t like to get bored. We have such a huge amount of activities that we can do to avoid being bored. We can watch TV shows, reality shows, scary movies, get drinks with friends, and many many more.
If you are feeling bored, you might be wondering, what to do when I am bored? Well we will share some tips that can help you find out.
What is boredom
A simple definition of the word boredom is being unsatisfied by activity or simply not having an interest in doing it. We all get bored at times, that might depend on the type of job you do or if you are in the class you are not good or enjoy listening about.
Why do people get bored
People love traveling and experiencing new and fun stuff. We feel happy and really enjoy that. If we are doing a job that is not interesting or simply requires the same activities, we will get bored of it pretty quickly.
We can also get bored by something by simply not paying attention. Even if you are watching your favorite TV show you can get bored if you are watching your cell phone. If you don’t focus on the activity, even the best one can be boring.
What are some activities to do when you are bored
So this is not the first time that you have felt bored, you have already though about some of the generally suggested acitivities to do:
- Read a book – you can read your favorite book, or you can get suggestions using the internet or asking a friend or maybe joining forum or facebook group about books.
- Play a board game – this is a really fun activity, you can play with friends or family. You can spend hours playing fun board games.
- Play a video game – one of the most common choices nowadays simply picking a good game and you can spend hours enjoying the story and fun activities in it.
- Talk to friends – a chat with a friend will make you stop being bored. They can share their day and you can share theirs with them. You can call friends that you haven’t heard in a while, to check out how is their new job or new girlfriend etc.
- Watch a movie -you can check your collection or search for a suggestion from websites or friends to watch a new movie.
- Listen to music – really great way to get rid of boredom. Pick a great song and put it on and just enjoy.
- Workout – a great way to stop being bored is by working out. It is healthy, it will energize you and will help you stay fit.
- Clean the house – that might not sound like fun, but it is good to keep your place clean, you can put some music on and clean every room in the house. You won’t be bored, and you will do some work.
Those are some of the most common activities that people think about when they are bored. Of course, most of us also have specific hobbies like playing guitar, drawing, writing, and more.
However if you have already though of all of these activities, here are some that might have missed:
- Lean something – when we were at school some of the classes are just boring, simple truth is not every person is interested in all of the classes. However we have internet, and all of the information is available so easily. You can just think about something you wish you knew more about, type it in the search bar and you can read for hours. Here are some examples: how much does the biggest wale weigh, how far is the moon, why do we have seasons on earth, can we see the international space station at night, and many more. You can check out websites like youtube.com, quora.com, and stackexchange.com for hot topics, that you might find interesting.
- Teach someone – if you have experience in a job or a hobby or you can teach somebody a skill that is useful, you might find that there are people that wish to learn a lot. You can help them and improve their skills and knowledge by spending a few hours. Even just pointing them to the right source of information people can achieve a lot on their own. So think about who can you help and do it.
- Ask a friend – you can ask your friends what do they enjoying doing when they are bored. They can suggest some often mentioned stuff, but they can also suggest something random and interesting that if you try you might enjoy doing, for example creating figures, learn how to cook, or even a new exercise to stretch out.
- Be productive – you might not be in the mood to be very productive, especially when you are bored, but if you just try for 5 minutes, you might find real joy. For instance, you can fix that shelf you have been putting off for well over a year. You might change that old tired of your car or you can learn a new skill to add it to your resume so you can improve your chances of getting promoted in the workplace.
- Throw a party – ask few friends at your place, buy some snacks, some drinks, maybe put on fun music and just have a good time.
- Go for a run – you might not feel like doing anything physical when you are bored, but you should just give it a try. Get up, put on some sports clothes, pick a good road without much traffic or in the park, and jog for 20-30 minutes with some nice music on. You will feel so much energized, not bored at all and when you get home half sweaty you can simply take a shower and relax feeling a lot more motivated and less bored.
- Check out some recipes – if you love to cook you can search for interesting recipes to try. You will take time to shop the ingredients, clean them, cook them and maybe even brag about what you have made on the social media. You can check out Instagram for great healthy new recipes.
- Meditate – you can do that when you are bored. It simply requires quieting your mind and sit in a comfortable position and clothes and relax. You can sit in the silence or you can put on some nice relaxing tunes as well. Meditations can improve your mood instantly.